- Ramakrishna Math, Chennai has renovated temples in Gurupuram and Vembedu and arranged regular worship in them. This has revived the faith of the local people in traditional worship. The impact of the service done by Sri Ramakrishna Math can be seen as “a positive change” in people’s life.
- All the people in this village participate in celebrating Navaratri (Durga Pooja) for 9 days, Pongal festival, and Swami Vivekananda Jayanti. Their involvement in these celebrations has brought in a healthy interaction and harmony among them.
- At the shrine in Meyyur Community Centre, over 90 students and 20 adults attend evening arati.
- Birthday Celebrations of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and Swami Ramakrishnananda Maharaj are celebrated with great devotion and the food Prasad is given to all.
- Children from Meyyur performed a cultural programme during Vivekananda Navaratri Celebration on Feb 2021.
- Meyyur villagers regularly take part in all poojas and Jayanti’s held at our Math.